Sunday, June 12, 2011

Relay for Life

What a great time we all had at the first annual Rural Cass Relay for Life Event!!!

We got to the reservoir around 12:30 in the afternoon to start setting out our campground.














Here is our finished display! If you are wondering about the cake, Lisa N made it! Isn't it cool! It wasn't edible, which is a good thing with all the rain we got throughout the day!



Then we headed to my house to cut up fruits and veggies to sell at the event.



Then we all went back at the res at at 5:15 for a group picture.




A little rain couldn't stop us from having a great time!




Thanks Cory for grilling for us!



I put my camera away early with all the rain we were getting, so I missed pictures of the survivor walk (which was very emotional! How awesome to see all those survivors walking around the path while everyone cheered!) Then I also missed the lighting of the luminaries. They were SO beautiful all lit up! I also missed many other things throughout the night, like all the performances by all the talented singers, all the fun we had at our campfire, the fireworks, and etc. It was a great night that ended way past 5:00 in the morning and raised over 50,000 dollars! Thanks everyone for a great day/night! :-)


Now let the planning begin for next year! We can't be out done and you know everyone is going to be out to get us! HeeHee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting all of these Mistie! I am going to send my blog viewers over here to look :)