Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A couple projects

There have been a couple walls in our house that I have been meaning to decorate, but haven't found exactly what I wanted or had the time. I am finally getting to them, while Baby A naps.

This is in our basement hallway. I am not quite happy with the pictures in the frames, since it seems all my favorite pictures are the wrong direction. But it still turned out cute. The picture is misleading, since it is actually really big. Each picture is a 8 x 10.



I had to get my father-in-law to come help me with this next one! ;-) Since it was high in the stairwell we needed two ladders and a lot of measuring and adjusting. I had this Uppercase Living quote when we lived in the twin home, but never put it up. I never knew what to do with it. . . then one of my student's parents asked me for a copy of Baby A's footprints for something she is making. The hospital for some reason never gave them to me, so I had to do them myself. While I as making her footprints, the older two kids wanted theirs done too. That got me thinking as I was looking at how cute all their footprints were that I needed them put somewhere where I can always look at them and remember how sweet and precious they are! I think they go perfect with the quote, "Miracles, believe in them!"



My sister has a wall in her house with her kid's favorite artwork on it, so I got this idea from her but changed it a bit. I bought a board that was a 1 by 8 and 8 feet long. I painted it and then sanded the edges to make it more rustic. Then using my cricut I cut out the letters and mod podged them on. I wasn't sure how to hang the artwork until my sister-in-law came over last night and said she has seen something similar with hanging wire and clips. I ended up using twine and clothes pins instead. I love how it turned out! Now I just need to dig out a few more of their art projects to hang on it! :-)

1 comment:

Erin Baumgarten said...

Mistie I wish I had half your talent and creativity. These new projects look great. I hope someday soon I will have a new place and I will be calling on you to help me decorate. I love the art hanging and the feet are priceless.