Friday, December 31, 2010

Cute Letters

We are going to have a new little niece born in the near future! (Hopefully she waits until the storms pass to make her arrival!)

Tami wanted something to go on one of the walls in the baby's room and I told her I would make the baby's name out of letters. I got this idea to cover letters from one of my friends! They turned out really cute. Since Tami isn't telling the baby's name to everyone until she is born, I decided to only show a couple of the letters, to keep those of you who don't know her name guessing!

Here is the crib blanket that she let me borrow so I could match up the paper and paint.


Here are the supplies I needed. This project was very simple, but a little time consuming.


After tracing the letters, I cut them out. I also cut out circles to match the blanket! (Note, it would have been easier to find paper with both matching colors, but I didn't have any luck!)


I painted the letters a light pink so all the edges looked finished.


Then I simply added a couple coats of Mod Podge. When they were all dry I added the bows.
Now lets just hope the Doctor was right when he said they were having a baby girl! ;-)

4 comments:

tamijo said...

So cute! Come on baby!

Unknown said...

Very cute Mistie. I like the way that you painted the letters first and left an edge to see. Very Cute!

Christine Laney said...

Cute!

Erin Rae said...

I like the ribbon that you added. I made these for Maranda's son Taden when he was born and I found it was definitely easier to paint them first. Great job. I wish I had half your talent girl.