Tuesday, November 23, 2010

She died!. . . OK, not really!

After picking Miss E up from preschool, I brought her to daycare for the remainder of the day. When it came time to pick her up, Dawn her daycare lady asked me if everything was OK with Miss E's preschool teacher. I said, "Yeah, I think so. Why?" Dawn went on to say that she asked Miss E how her day was today and she said, "Great!" When she asked who she all played with, she replied so matter of factly, while shrugging her shoulders, "Not my teacher. She died!"

Well, since I work at the school, I knew this wasn't true! Her teacher was just home sick. Miss E told the same story to daddy when he asked her how her day was. We think she might be watching too much of our new DVD, "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." Since after the Old Lady swallows the horse, she dies "of course!"

I talked with her preschool teacher to tell her the story. She had a good laugh! I told her she can't be gone anymore, since the kids (mine in particular) thinks she has died, when she isn't there! ;-)

No comments: