Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And it is here!!!

Yes, the big THREE - ZERO!!! Eeek! As my brother-in-law so kindly pointed out to me today, "Do you remember when you told us 30 was old?" Boy am I eating my words now! ;-) That was back when I was 24 and . . . 30 was old! Now, I think 30 is the new 20! Oh, I know, I will look back in 10 years and wonder what I was complaining about and how good I had it, but right now I am still in shock! Really. . . 30??? I just can't believe how fast 30 years goes by!

All joking aside, I definitely have a lot to be thankful for! A great husband, wonderful kids, a loving family, caring friends, an awesome job. . . yes, these last 30 years have been GREAT!!! I am one lucky gal!

Speaking of being lucky. . . my Dad, who I very seldom get an e-mail from (I think only two or three) since he first got e-mail sent this to me 4 years ago on my birthday. I saved it and look at it, usually on my birthday. (Dad, hope you don't mind that I am sharing it. . . but it is so special to me, I have to!) :-)

Hi dear Daughter: Many, many years ago, twenty-six to be precise, a little girl was born to us. Now they say that a baby can't smile, but I know that you did. It was forty below that day, with a stiff wind blowing besides, things were not going right, too much time was passing, a critical time indeed. As the nurse put you on the table there was no sounds, just a very blue baby was laying there so quiet, as the nurse worked you over, you suddenly smiled and in my heart I knew you were OK, as I looked over to your mom I could see complication. The good lord took over and everything came out alright. So every time your birthday comes around I say my prayers for being a lucky man. Again I say have a happy birthday dear. Your dad

Thanks Mom & Dad for bringing me into this world! Love you both! I am SO very lucky to have you as parents!!! ;-)

3 comments:

Life Is Great with Eight said...

Very Special Mistie.... I remember the day he sent you that message! Happy 30th B-Day Mistie! Hope it's the best one yet! :)

Dana.stansbery said...

I remember that message as well. That is too sweet:) Happy Birthday Mistie!!

Erin said...

Super sweet post Mistie. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that you will remember this one for years to come.