Friday, October 12, 2012

Occupation Week at School

One of our kindergarten standards this week that we have been teaching is "Occupations."  While talking with my students about how they can be ANYTHING they want, it got me thinking.  I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but the thing I wanted to be more then anything in the world was a Mommy!  I giggle while writing/thinking this because I know there have been several times that I have thought, "Get me out of here!!!!"  LOL!

Back to my point!  ;-)  I knew I wanted to be a teacher for many reasons; to change the world, to touch the lives of so many young children, because I truly love children, because I am constantly amazed at what they can learn, etc. etc., etc.  But one of the main reasons I always wanted to be a teacher is because I knew it would bring me closer to my own children someday.  Being able to work the same schedules that they had, getting to see them everyday, and being there for every moment (the good and the bad!)  With this being the first year one of my "babies" is in school, I am finally starting to see how wonderful of a career this really is, for so many different reasons.  I have always said I love my job, some days of course are better then others and there are always those challenges, but what job doesn't have them!  The positives definitely outweigh the negatives in so many ways!  

One of the hardest things about being a mommy is leaving your children so you can go back to work!  I do NOT want to wish away any years of my children's lives, but I have to tell you I LOVE having Miss E in the same building as me, not to mention just across the hall!  How many people can say they go to work with their children everyday?!?!  Not many!  She honestly makes me so happy!  I am also thankful that Mrs. P is such a wonderful teacher!  I fought with myself for many hours/days/weeks/months/. . . OK since she was born!!! . .  about placing her in my classroom (being selfish and wanting to be around her more!) but I am so thankful for the experiences she is getting!  Not to mention Mrs. P's seating chart!  So far Mrs. P has placed her where I can peek in from my classroom to see my darling any time I want!  Ahhhh. . . life is good!  (Except for when I see she isn't paying attention and I want to start tapping on the window!)  ;-)  I'm sure there will be a time where she expresses her distaste having me in the same school as her, but as of right now she greets me with a smile and often a hug any chance she can!  

Here are a couple pictures of Miss E that I have quickly snapped with my camera phone, enjoying life!  I have already shared them with Miss E's friend's Moms, but they are SO cute, I thought I should share them on my blog too!  She really isn't my shy, cling to my leg little girl anymore!  It is fun getting to see her in a whole new light!  



2 comments:

D and K said...

So sweet Mistie! As I am getting sad about Adlee getting older, at least I can think of this happening someday too ;) Emery looks like she is LOVING kindergarten!

Unknown said...

Love the pics - surprised you got one where they are not giggling hysterically or screaming :)