Friday, July 27, 2012

Little Miss Summerfest Pageant

The time had FINALLY come for Miss E to be in the Little Miss Summerfest Pageant!

She could have been in it last year since it is for children four, five, and six years old and when I asked her (last year when she was four) if she wanted to be in it she said "YES," but I never entered her because I didn't think she would actually do it. . . anyway after her asking weekly if the pageant was here yet, it finally was. . . only a year later!  She said many times, "Boy this pageant is taking FOREVER to get here!"  I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't enter her last year!  But this year I made sure I entered her and she did GREAT!  We were very proud of her!!!  She wore her Easter dress that she refers to as her pageant dress.  She would look at it hanging in her closet for the last half a year as a reminder of the pageant coming up.  (I was tempted to hide it several times, just so she would stop asking when the pageant was, but I never did!)

Here she is ready to leave the house.  Our little sweetheart! ;-)

She was a little shy when we got to the school, but as soon as she got on the stage, she didn't want to get off!  :-)

They had interviews by themselves with three judges before the pageant and then they headed to the stage for another interview question in front of the audience and the final judging.  Here she is walking into the pageant as it is about to start.

A quick video of her saying her name, age, and answering the interview question.

A picture of all the beautiful contestants.  

Although she didn't win, she had a blast and informed me before bedtime that she wants the bigger crown next year!  Might have to see if I can find her one on ebay! ;-)
Love you sweet baby girl!  You certainly have grown up in a blink of an eye and we couldn't be more proud of you!  XOXO

Thank you also to everyone who came to cheer her on!  :-)


1 comment:

D and K said...

She did such a good job! Can't believe I will be seeing her every day next year :)