Friday, January 20, 2012

Water line break

Yesterday, I got home and went out to get the mail. It was below zero outside so I moved quick. As I got to the mail box my shoe stepped in slush. I thought, "Hmmm, that's odd!" I quick went back inside. As I was looking through the mail, I realized my sock was wet from stepping in the water. I thought for a moment longer and thought I better go back out to the mailbox and check it out. Why would there be open water when it was blow zero outside? Checking it out some more, I figured it could only be one thing. . . a WATER LINE BREAK!!!! I was hoping I was wrong! I called the guy from the city and he came over to look at it. He said he would check back in the morning to see if there was more water. Well, this morning the water was now several feet out from our driveway. . . so yup, it was a water line break! An hour later they had an e-mail out to the entire city telling them that parts of the town would be without water while they fixed it and they had the back hoe in our yard and began to dig. These are the pictures I just took when I ran home on my lunch break. Nice huh?!?!

This picture is deceiving. . . I couldn't believe how deep this hole was. Notice the ladder in the top right. They needed that to get down to the bottom. It was SUPER deep!
Here is a close up of the pipe.

Now we are just waiting word if it is our responsibility to pay for this or if it falls onto the city. Keep for your fingers crossed that it is the cities responsibility! :-)

No comments: